Charities benefit from rate relief and tax benefits, are recognised by funding bodies, and can claim Gift Aid on donations.
What’s the process?
- Fill in the order form and pay online.
- We’ll register the company for you with Articles of Association (official documentation) approved by the Charity Commission
- We’ll email you when company registration has been confirmed, then send you the following in the post:
- Certificate printed on card
- Printed company register and first minutes
- Two bound copies of the Memorandum and Articles
You can then apply to the Charity Commission to become a charity.
The Articles of Association (constitution) will include a section saying what your aims as a charity are. You may already have a version of this written in a vision statement or constitution. For more information and examples, please see our Aims, activities and benefits page.